Sometimes it happens for a number of reasons. Usually, the problem is fixed by trying one of the following:
- The card was inserted in the reader on the wrong side. Just remove it, flip it over and try again;
- The reader simply can’t read the card: could be any reason. Remove it and insert it again;
- You’re using it in your browser: check you’ve downloaded and installed all the required plug-ins, then restart your browser and try again;
- There might be a conflict with other plug-ins: try to use another browser;
- The PC can’t find the hardware: remove it, restart your PC, try again.
If none of this works, then it’s probably something you can’t solve alone. In this case, contact the official e-Residency technical support team.